Hear the stories that forged a country.
Two hundred years of history have been enough to give life to one of the most vibrant countries in Latin America. Like its geography, Colombia's history is full of challenges. Like the mountain ranges inspire awe and curiosity so do many of the characters that have been a part of this country's history.
In our historical tour, experience the secrets that the city of Bogotá holds, secrets and spaces that hold the key to understand Colombia's history starting from before Europeans came to this land.
Your expert bilingual guide will provide a full picture of this young nation history, from how the native communities history is engraved in the mountains surrounding the city, to the colonial heritage that lives in churches, buildings and museums, to the voice of a new generation that turned the streets into an open air museum with “street-art”, to a vision of the country's future.
Your private transport allows you to soak up Bogotá in detail. Tour the downtown streets of the historical neighborhood of La Candelaria. Get a panoramic glance of the city from smartly located viewpoints. Get to know the city and the country's history by walking along Carrera Séptima, the former “Royal road” and main road that has been witness to many historical events that have shaped the nation.
Our historical tour is enriched by the knowledge of professional guides who are experts in the social, economic and cultural aspects of Colombia's history. Experience the history but also how it's ingrained in daily life, feel the Bogotanian way of life first hand.
Contact us for more information about this incredible experience and let us help you discover everything Bogota has to offer.
Duration of Bogota History Tour
- 5 hours
Itinerary and Travel Map
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address.
- Plaza de Bolívar (Cl. 11 #4-41).
- Catedral Primada (Cra. 7 #11-10).
- Palacio de Justicia (Cl. 12 #7-65).
- Barrio La Candelaria
- La Quinta de Bolívar (Cl. 21 #4-30).
- Museo Botero.
- Museo del Oro.
- Casa Museo 20 de Julio (Cra. 7 #11-28).
- Return: Hotel/Your address.
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: From 5:30am on
- Gold Museum: Closed on Mondays
- Botero Museum: Closed on Tuesdays
Bogota History tour includes:
- Bilingual Guide
- Museums and sights entrance tickets
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Medications needed.
- Long lines, be patient.
- Available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 1
- There is the possibility of doing this tour by car.
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children over 2 years
- Is the history tour private or shared?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
-The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
-Minimum three hours in advance.
How to book the Bogota History Tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
History tour price list
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|6 or more||49USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the IVA tax. Colombian customers are not exempt from IVA and must pay this value in addition.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.