Hear the stories that forged a country.
Two hundred years of history have been enough to give life to one of the most vibrant countries in Latin America. Like its geography, Colombia's history is full of challenges. Like the mountain ranges inspire awe and curiosity so do many of the characters that have been a part of this country's history.
In our historical tour, experience the secrets that the city of Bogotá holds, secrets and spaces that hold the key to understand Colombia's history starting from before Europeans came to this land.
Your expert bilingual guide will provide a full picture of this young nation history, from how the native communities history is engraved in the mountains surrounding the city, to the colonial heritage that lives in churches, buildings and museums, to the voice of a new generation that turned the streets into an open air museum with “street-art”, to a vision of the country's future.
Your private transport allows you to soak up Bogotá in detail. Tour the downtown streets of the historical neighborhood of La Candelaria. Get a panoramic glance of the city from smartly located viewpoints. Get to know the city and the country's history by walking along Carrera Séptima, the former “Royal road” and main road that has been witness to many historical events that have shaped the nation.
Our historical tour is enriched by the knowledge of professional guides who are experts in the social, economic and cultural aspects of Colombia's history. Experience the history but also how it's ingrained in daily life, feel the Bogotanian way of life first hand.
Contact us for more information about this incredible experience and let us help you discover everything Bogota has to offer.
What restrictions and recommendations are in place to handle Covid 19 in Colombia?
- As of September 6 2021 you don´t need to have a negative covid test nor be vaccinated to enter the country.
- You should wear a facemask in public places and specially inside most museums.
- As much as it is possible you should distance yourself at least 2 meters from other people.
- All our guides and private transportation have the necessary biosecurity measures.
Available tour durations
- 5 hours
Itinerary and route map of the Bogota history tour
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address.
- Plaza de Bolívar (Cl. 11 #4-41).
- Catedral Primada (Cra. 7 #11-10).
- Palacio de Justicia (Cl. 12 #7-65).
- Barrio La Candelaria
- La Quinta de Bolívar (Cl. 21 #4-30).
- Museo Botero.
- Museo del Oro.
- Casa Museo 20 de Julio (Cra. 7 #11-28).
- Return: Hotel/Your address.
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: From 8:00am
- Botero Museum: Closed Tuesday
- All museums are closed on Mondays except for the Botero museum
Bogota History tour includes:
- Private bilingual guide
- Museums and sights entrance tickets
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- *It does not include alcoholic beverages or tips.
- Use sunscreen.
- Report any type of allergy or food restriction.
- Do not forget to bring a copy of identification documents or passport.
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Long lines, be patient.
- The entrance to the museums is subject to availability and capacity.
- Available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 1
- There is the possibility of doing this tour by car.
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children over 2 years
- Is the history tour private or shared?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
-The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
-Minimum three hours in advance.
How to book the Bogota History Tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
History tour price list
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|6 or more||49USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the VAT tax.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.
Enjoy our Bogota History Tour
"Excellent tour all around. Arian was our guide and she was fun, entertaining and knowledgeable. Highly recommended."
Why Choose Us?
Due to over 20 years of experience in the tourism industry we can guarantee the highest quality standards.
We carefully select and train our guides to deliver professionalism in our services.
We offer private tours customized to your own personal interests.
We deliver clear and detailed information through our website and social platforms to ensure your satisfaction.