Learn the ways of religion in Colombia
Catholicism is embedded in Colombia's history, it is manifested by its people, in their customs, literature, art and most spectacularly in its architecture. Did you know that Bogotá is one of the few cities in the world that has two Principal Churches, one of which is a replica of the Lourdes Basilica in France?
Among the millions of people that have inhabited the country of Colombia throughout its history there is one element that, for the most part, has united the people. Beyond politics, the economic situation and even soccer (football), the Catholic religion is the base for Colombian’s sense of self.
In our tour you will be able to see the most important cathedrals, churches and chapels where people have gathered to express their faith for hundreds of years, like the Lord of Monserrate Sanctuary, the First Cathedral, the el Cármen church, or Saint Francis Church where the first mass in the country was celebrated.
On this tour, enjoy the company of a professional bilingual tour guide who is an expert in the subject and that will adjust the visits to your interests and needs, also enjoy the comfort of a private transport that is available to you at all times. Discover, not only inside the churches but in the surrounding areas, the traditions that are kept until today and that inspire many holy pilgrimages all year long.
This tour focuses mainly in Bogotá, however, an hour away from the city is the Salt Cathedral of Zipaquirá, the First Wonder of Colombia, a religious monument and engineering marvel like no other, deep under the earth, taking advantage of the former mine’s tunnels.
From 4 to 6 hrs.
Bring your camera
Duration of Religious Tour
- 4 hours
- 6 hours
Itinerary and Travel Map
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address
- Visit to the churches of the principal religions in the Colombian history.
- Catedral Primada, the church Museo de Santa Clara, the church in La Candelaria y the Carmen church.
- Tour through La Candelaria y and its colonial churches.
- Return: Hotel/Your address
*6 and 8 hour tours include lunch
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: From 9:00 am on
Religious tour in Bogota includes:
- 4 hours Tours:
- Bilingual Guide
- Museums and sights entrance tickets
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- 6 hours Tours:
- Include lunch at local restaurant (main dish and soft drink)
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Bring and take care of your camera and its accessories.
- Available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 1
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children over 2 years
- Is the tour private or shared?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
- The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
- Minimum three hours in advance.
How to book Bogota Religious Tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Religious Tour Price List
*Tour prices per person in USD
|Pax.||4 hours||6 hours|
|6 or more||39USD||89USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the IVA tax. Colombian customers are not exempt from IVA and must pay this value in addition.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.