¡A fun and explosive experience awaits!
Enjoy playing the real national sport of Colombia. Even though football (soccer) is probably the highest-rated and most practiced sport in the country, Tejo is a genuine Colombian creation that offers explosive and unmatchable fun.
The origins of Tejo go back to pre-Hispanic times. The Muisca civilization inhabited the region that now holds the cosmopolitan city of Bogotá and neighboring towns. Over 600 years ago, in a show of aim and skill, they used to throw discs made out of gold to boxes filled with clay. The closer to the center of the box the better your score.
The game survived colonial times and by the 20th century a very important addition to the game was made: gunpowder!
Nowadays, Tejo is recognized for having an explosive nature. Modern Tejo courts can be noisy places not only because of the fun chatter and banter between players but most noticeably for the sound of the explosions generated by the contact between the disk (now made of steel), the gunpowder encased in paper, and a metal ring in the middle of the box.
The ancient objective remains: make the disk land as close to the center of the box as possible.
Words cannot faithfully describe the amazing experience of playing Tejo. That is why we invite you to do the Tejo Tour with us, accompanied by an expert bilingual guide, visit a genuine court where locals play, learn the rules and basic motions.
Have the best fun making explosions happen, that is if you have the right aim, that could be enhanced by a beer or a shot of Aguardiente.
At all times during this adventure, you will have available safe and comfortable private transport. You may also want to taste a typical meal accompanied by a local beer, a must in every game.
Duration of Colombian Tejo Tour in Bogota
- 4 hours
- Pick up: Hotel/Your address
- Visit to tejo field
- Free practice of tejo
- Local gastronomy and artisan spirits tasting
- Drop Off: Hotel/Your address
Dates and Times
- Thursday to Sunday from 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm
- Suggested departure time: 4:00 pm
Colombian Tejo Tour includes:
- Private transportation
- Private bilingual guide
- A portion of black pudding croquettes (house special)
- A portion of suckling pig marinated in craft beer
- Cocktail with special Colombian coffee( panela, lemon and brandy)
- 2 craft beers 330ml
- 2 Hours of Tejo
- Water bottles
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Ask about the History of Tejo and Lechona Hamburguer.
- Available with assistance for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 2
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children over 2 years
- Is the tour private or shared?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
-The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
-Minimum one (1) day in advance.
How to book our Colombian Tejo Tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Colombian Tejo Tour Price List
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|6 or more||42USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the VAT tax.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.