A voyage from the colonial period to modernity.
Located among the imposing mountains of the Andes, Bogotá, the capital of Colombia, is a cosmopolitan city, full of secrets and stories to be discovered.
You will encounter the fascinating culture of Bogota by taking our City Tour, where you can explore the neighborhood of La Candelaria built during the colonial period. This “historical center” is surrounded by the famous mountains of Monserrate and Guadalupe and is distinguished by its unique array of colorful colonial houses and cobble stone streets. La Candelaria is known for housing the most emblematic political, economic, and cultural institutions of the country.
During our city tour, you will enjoy a trip through time by taking in a wide array of architectural styles such as the Plaza de Bolívar, the main square of the city, and the primary Cathedral of Colombia. Next, you will discover the pre-Columbian mysteries and legends of Colombia’s indigenous communities exemplified in the exhibitions of the Museum of Gold, ranked as one of the best museums in the world by Tripadvisor.
Afterward, you will visit the Botero Museum of the Central Bank, which houses one of the most important permanent collections of contemporary art in the hemisphere, not to mention the largest collection of a master painter, Fernando Botero.
La Candelaria is magnificent. It is an area full of coffee shops, restaurants, art boutiques, stores, and iconic locales that you can explore safely and comfortably with the expert guidance of our local tour experts.
Bogotá and its secrets are waiting for you! ¡City tour Bogotá, a unique experience custom-tailored for you!
From 3 to 6 hrs.
Duration of La Candelaria Tour
- 3 hrs: 1 museum
- 4 hrs: 1 museum
- 5 hrs: 2 museums
- 6 hrs: 2 museums (+Lunch)
Itinerary and Travel Map
The following are our suggested sights. You can tailor make your tour according to your interests and time availability, or let us suggest our top picks for your experience:
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your Address
- Plaza De La Concordia (Cl. 12c #1-40)
- Parque De La Concordia (Cl. 12c #1-40)
- Callejon Del Embudo (Cra 2)
- Chorro De Quevedo (Cl. 12b #22)
- Iglesia Nuestra Señora Del Carmen (Cra. 5 #8-36)
- Iglesia De San Agustin
- Claustro De San Agustin
- Palacio Presidencial (Cra 7)
- Observatorio Astronomico
- Claustro De Santa Clara
- Palacio De Lievano (Cra. 8 #10-65)
- Capitolio Nacional (Calle 10)
- Palacio De Justicia
- Catedral Primada
- Casa Del 20 De Julio
- Plaza De Bolivar (Cl. 11 #4-41)
- Centro Cultural Gabriel Garcia Marquez ( Cl. 11 #5-60)
- Museo Botero
- Casa De La Moneda
- Biblioteca Luis Angel Arango
- Carrera 7a: Via Peatonal
- Plazoleta Del Rosario
- Plaza Santander
- Museo Del Oro
- Return: Hotel/Your Address
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: From 5:30am on
- Gold Museum: Closed on Mondays
- Botero Museum: Closed on Tuesdays
La Candelaria tour includes:
- Bilingual Guide
- Museums and sights entrance tickets
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- Travel light and use a small backpack.
- Available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 1
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children over 2 years.
- Is the tour private or shared?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
- The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
- Minimum three hours in advance.
How to book La Candelaria tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
La Candelaria Tour Price List
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|Pax.||3 hours||4 hours||5 hours||6 hours|
|6 or more||25USD||39USD||49USD||89USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the IVA tax. Colombian customers are not exempt from IVA and must pay this value in addition.
The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.