Fully submerge into the social transformation of Medellin
Medellin is known as one of the most innovative cities in the world, due to the major social and infrastructure leaps made, especially in regards to its public transportation systems. The profits from this tour shall be donated to a foundation that supports children and young adults helping them overcome violent backgrounds.
No other place in Colombia exemplifies better the resiliency of its people than Comuna 13, and nobody better to tell their story than its inhabitants. That's why, along with one of our guides, a local will join the tour.
Commonly, the local guides at Comuna 13 are hip hop or graffiti artists and can share the importance of these art forms for the community. We will not only see an impressive display of street art and listen to some music, we will also get a brief history lesson about the progress of Comuna 13.
Once known as the most dangerous part of the most violent city in the world, Comuna 13 used to scare potential visitors. This started to change in the early 2000s when the government intervened in different ways and also young members of the community accepted the challenge of changing the perception that themselves and everyone else had of this troubled district.
The construction of public infrastructure (including the Metrocable and the escalators) has played a crucial role in the transformation of these areas and of its inhabitants' way of thinking; this will be experienced all along the tour.
Available tour durations
- 4 hrs.
Itinerary and route map of the Medellin comuna 13 tour
You can tailor your tour depending on your time and interests. Allow us to suggest the best options for a great time.
- Departure from: Hotel/Address in the city
- The Memoria Museum
- San Javier Library park
- Medellín´s Metrocable
- Comuna 13 & Tramway & El Jardín
- Return to: Hotel/Address
Dates and Times
- Suggested departure time: 9:00 am or 2:00pm.
- Available all year round, every day (unless indicated otherwise).
- The Memoria Museum is closed on Mondays. Could be substituted by San Antonio Plaza in case you book the tor on a Monday.
What is included in the Medellin comuna 13 tour?
- Specialized tour guide (bilingual Spanish - English).
- Private transport.
- Entrance fee to metro and cable car.
- Medical insurance.
- Snack (mango ice cream).
- Local guide at Comuna 13.
- *Not Included
- Non-specified expenditures.
- Comfortable clothing, hat, sunglasses.
- Sun screen.
- Physical exertion: 7-80 years old.
- We recommend to use a poncho or umbrella if the forecast predicts rain.
- Please tell us about any allergies and dietary restrictions.
- Hip-hop culture is not only music. It also means graffiti/Street art, breakdancing and the art of the DJ.
- This is a private tour. Tailored so you feel safe walking the city.
- Our guides are local and have been thoroughly trained to share their deep knowledge of the city.
- Travel insurance is included in the price of all or tours in the unlikely event of an accident.
- Available languages - Guides:
How to book this Medellin comuna 13 tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Medellin comuna 13 tour price list
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|6 or more||39|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- For payment: You may pay in Cash or Credit card. (COP or USD)
- All foreign travelers must present and share a copy of their passport to be exempt of the VAT charge.
- In the event of wanting to cancel the tour, this must be done at least 24 hours before the pick-up time, or else a 50% fee from the tour price shall be charged.
- Children younger than 1 are not charged. Children between 2 and 12 years old shall be charged 50% of the tour price.
Enjoy our Medellin Comuna 13 Tour
"By the end of the week, I felt I'd made a new friend and was leaving a city I had fallen in love with. If and when we get to go back, I'll be asking Daniel to take us to more sites and share more of his favorite places with us. I can't adequately express how much his time and dedication to our trip meant to me. Absolutely wonderful tour guide."
Why Choose Us?
Due to over 20 years of experience in the tourism industry we can guarantee the highest quality standards.
We carefully select and train our guides to deliver professionalism in our services.
We offer private tours customized to your own personal interests.
We deliver clear and detailed information through our website and social platforms to ensure your satisfaction.