Elevated 3,152 meters (10,341 feet) above sea level, the Cerro de Monserrate has become part of the history of the capital, thanks to the large flow of Colombian and foreign visitors, who come for Catholic beliefs or for the beautiful landscape that lets enjoy.
This icon so beloved by Bogota citizens is easily recognizable by the immaculate white church built on the top of the hill, which can be appreciated from all points of the city. Its interior houses the sculpture of the Fallen Lord of Monserrate, Bogota's patron saint, which attracts hundreds of thousands of pilgrims each year seeking spiritual comfort.
Learn how this place became one of the most representative of the city and how its history dates back to pre-Hispanic times.
From 3 to 8 hrs.
Available tour durations
- 3 hrs
- 4 hrs
- 5 hrs: Visit 1 museum
- 6 hrs: Visit 2 museums
- 8 hrs: Visit 2 museums
Itinerary and route map of the Monserrate tour
The following are our suggested sights. You can tailor make your tour according to your interests and time availability, or let us suggest our top picks for your experience:
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address
- Chorro de Quevedo (Cl. 12b #22)
- Callejon del Embudo (Cra 2)
- Plaza de la Concordia (Cl. 12c #1-40)
- Parque de la Concordia (Cl. 12c #1-40)
- Iglesia Nuestra Señora del Carmen (Cra. 5 #8-36)
- Palacio Presidencial (Cra 7)
- Plaza de Bolivar (Cl. 11 #4-41)
- Centro cultural Gabriel García Marquez ( Cl. 11 #5-60)
- Museo Botero
- Museo del Oro
- Return: Hotel/Your Address
Dates and Times
- Suggested departure time: 8:00 am
- Monserrate open every day of the year.
Monday to Saturday: 6:30 a.m a 11:00 p.m.
Sunday: 5:30 am a 6:00 p.m.
- All museums are closed on Mondays except for the Botero museum.
- The entrance to the museums is subject to availability by capacity.
What is included in the Monserrate Tour?
- 4 and 5 hours tours:
- Private bilingual Guide
- Museums and sights entrance tickets
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- 6 and 8 hour tours:
- Includes lunch with one (1) non-alcoholic beverage.
- Use sunscreen.
- Report any type of allergy or food restriction.
- Do not forget to bring a copy of identification documents or passport.
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Long lines, be patient.
- Compliance with biosafety measures.
- Available with assistance for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 1
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children over 2 years.
- Is the Monserrate tour private or shared?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
- The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
- Minimum three hours in advance.
How to book our Monserrate tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Price List for the Monserrate Tour
*Tour prices per person in US Dollars (USD)
|Pax.||3 hrs||4 hrs||5 hrs||6 hrs||8 hrs|
|7 or more||29||49||59||79||139|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the VAT tax.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.