Like most great metropolis, Bogotá has inspired generations of great artists that have imprinted in their paintings, writings, and sculptures the bohemian spirit of the streets. Merging the legacy of artists from the 20th century with the new and youthful spirit of emerging talents, the San Felipe neighborhood became known as Bogotá´s Art District.
Residential, quiet, with mid-twentieth century facades, the San Felipe neighborhood holds a total of 15 art institutes and galleries that comprise the burgeoning art scene of Bogotá. National and International artists show their works and we are allowed to reflect on how the art and culture of the country are developing. It has been so successful that in 2018 The New York Times reported on the neighborhood increased its visibility.
Tour the neighborhood from the comfort of your own private transport available to you at all times. According to your interests, a professional bilingual guide who is an art expert leads you to the best galleries. Urban, modern, contemporary art, are just some of the options for you to enjoy here in “Distrito de Arte”.
Depending on availability and the time of year, our tour offers you the possibility to interact with artists, gallery directors and curators as well as enjoy “The night of San Felipe”, a night when all galleries and institutes in the neighborhood open their doors until midnight to promote the up and coming artists. A night for art.
What restrictions and recommendations are in place to handle Covid 19 in Colombia?
- As of September 6 2021 you don´t need to have a negative covid test nor be vaccinated to enter the country.
- You should wear a facemask in public places and specially inside most museums.
- As much as it is possible you should distance yourself at least 2 meters from other people.
- All our guides and private transportation have the necessary biosecurity measures.
Available tour durations
- 6 hours
Itinerary and route map of the Bogota art galleries tour
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address
- Mambo Museum.
- Botero's Museum.
- Visit to 3 art galleries (Choose between San Felipe / Chapinero / Macarena).
- Lunch in a typical restaurant
- Return: Hotel/Your address
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: From 9:00 am
- Mambo Museum: Closed Monday
- Botero Museum: Closed Tuesday
- *Most galleries close on Sundays and holidays
What is included in art galleries Bogota tour?
- Private bilingual guide
- Museums and sights entrance tickets
- Private transportation
- Lunch (includes: main dish and soft drink)
- Water bottles
- *It does not include alcoholic beverages or tips.
- Use sunscreen.
- Report any type of allergy or food restriction.
- Do not forget to bring a copy of identification documents or passport.
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Not all galleries allow you to take pictures of their artworks.
- Available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 1
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children over 5 years
- Is the tour private or shared?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
-The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
-Minimum three hours in advance.
How to book Art Galleries Bogota Tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.Book this tour here
Art galleries tour price list
Tour prices per person in USD.
|5 or more||89USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the VAT tax.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.