Enter to Bogotá's architecture.
Nature, colonial, modernism and current, four words that highlight the range of Bogotá´s architecture. The native Muisca settlements from hundreds of years ago started to define the face of the city and its privileged place in the plateau. Afterwards during when Europeans came, another style will mesh with the old and with the landscape.
On this tour the downtown neighborhood of La Candelaria will open its doors to the place where the city first founded, Chorro de Quevedo. This 8 million people metropolis started with 12 houses, a church and one road. Over the next five centuries dwellings and churches multiplied holding the essence of colonial times in their paintings, altars and ornaments.
Rivers and creeks turned into streets and later in the eighteen and nineteenth century the favorable climate attracted Europeans from England, France and other countries that brought with them the balconies, roofs and big windows that contrast with the “colonial” style.
Our architectural tour takes you through the history of the capital and allows you to understand why and how the Colonial, Tudor, Neoclassical, French, Gothic, Modern and other architectural styles mesh in one place.
Amaze yourself with how all of these mix, even though you can see specific examples of each style, what's amazing is how they combine, the very definition of “eclectic”. In the comfort of your private transport and led by a professional bilingual guide, visit neighborhoods like La Merced, La Macarena, Parkway, Teusaquillo, among others to experience and learn about this architectural cornucopia.
Duration of Bogota Architecture Tour
- 6 hours
Itinerary and Travel Map
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address
- Visit to los Barrios La Merced, Teusaquillo y La Soledad.
- Lunch at typical restaurant (includes: main dish and soft drink)
- Visit to the Rogelio Salmona Buildings and Usaquén.
- Return: Hotel/Your Address.
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: From 5:30 am on
Bogota Architecture tour includes:
- Bilingual Guide
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Weather can change throughout the day.
- Available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 1
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children over 2 years
- Is the tour private or shared?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
-The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
-Minimum three hours in advance.
How to book Bogota Architecture Tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Bogota Architecture Tour Price List
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|5 or more||89USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the IVA tax. Colombian customers are not exempt from IVA and must pay this value in addition.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.