Winged jewels galore
Enjoy watching dozens of different species of hummingbirds, experience their amazing and frantic lifestyle in one place. Original to the American continent, hummingbirds are considered to be the most attractive and exotic birds in the world.
Colombia has a lot to say about hummingbirds, being the nation with the most species. In a rural area near the town of La Calera and around an hour and a half away by car from Bogotá is the astonishing Hummingbird Observatory. A place where you will be stimulated by the vivid colors and unique sounds of these majestic creatures.
Feel them flapping their wings near you as they are feeding from the flowers in a beautiful garden. With some luck you may even get to see the legendary sword-billed hummingbird, whose beak is longer than its body.
Led by our expert bilingual guides, we learn about the main characteristics of hummingbirds and specifically of the many different species found in the Observatory. Also learn about the importance of these birds for the ecosystem they live in and about the splendid conservation endeavor that is being done by the family who started and runs the project.
Enjoy a delicious snack in the Observatory and maybe compliment it with a typical treat from the town of La Calera. Depending on your interests and needs you may want to add a City Tour of Bogotá or a Tour to the towns near the city. Always having a comfortable and safe private transport at your disposal.
Hansa Tours and the Hummingbird Observatory, a Colombian treasure for you to find!
From 4 hrs.
- 4 hours
Hummingbird Watching Tour Itinerary
- Pick up: Hotel / Your address.
- Visit to Hummingbird Observatory.
- Bird watching.
- Use of green areas, taste of local gastronomy.
- Drop Off: Hotel / Your address.
Dates and Times
- Not available on Sundays and holidays.
- Suggested departure time: From 7:30 am
What is included in the hummingbird watching tour?
- Private transportation
- Bilingual Guide
- Entry tickets to the Observatory
- Water bottles
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Ask about the picnic service, art workshop, accommodation overnight.
- Available with assistance for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 2
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children older than 2 years.
- Is the tour private or is the tour with more people?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
- The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
- Minimum three (3) hours in advance.
How to book our hummingbird watching tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Hummingbird watching tour price list
*Tour prices per person in USD
|6 or more||42USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the IVA tax. The customer who is Colombian must pay additional IVA value.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.