Colombia is spelled with C of Chocolate.
Colombia is the second most biodiverse country in the world. From its rich soil world renowned products are born such as the coffee and the chocolate. Sweet or a little bit bitter, a hot chocolate drink is present in almost every Colombian household, for breakfast, as a morning or afternoon snack maybe accompanied by a Tamal, typical breads or with cheese inside.
The warm climate and the freshness of what comes out of the earth are imprinted in the Colombian chocolate. Its cacao has called the attention of Dutch, French and Belgian travelers that have come to figure out the unusual sweetness of Colombian cacao, this is a very special fact if you take into account that 70% of the world’s cacao is bitter. On this tour, led by an expert producer, learn how to better enjoy its flavor, how to make your own treats and how to pair chocolate with a variety of products so it fits with almost any occasion.
A private transport provides a comfortable journey from Hotel to the chocolate “shop” where as soon as you enter you will be received by the chocolate´s unique aroma. Your expert bilingual guide leads you to the best and favorite places that offer an amazing variety of options for you to take home. The doors of the most renowned chocolaterías will be opened to you.
Don't use perfume
Chocolate tour available times
- 3 hours
Itinerary and Travel Map
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address.
- Chocolate tasting in República del Cacao, where you can see, touch and taste different flavours of Colombian cocoa.
- Return: Hotel/Your address.
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: From 9:00am until 6:00pm max.
What is included in the chocolate tour?
- Bilingual Guide
- Tickets to all the places
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- Chocolate tasting
- Avoid smoking or using perfume, so it will not interfere with the aromas of chocolate.
- Available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 1
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children older than 5 years.
- Is the tour private or is the tour with more people?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
- The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
- Minimum three hours in advance.
How to book our colombian chocolate tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Chocolate tour price list
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|7 or more||19USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the IVA tax. The customer who is Colombian must pay additional IVA value.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.