Colombia is spelled with C of Chocolate.
Colombia is the second most biodiverse country in the world. From its rich soil world renowned products are born such as the coffee and the chocolate. Sweet or a little bit bitter, a hot chocolate drink is present in almost every Colombian household, for breakfast, as a morning or afternoon snack maybe accompanied by a Tamal, typical breads or with cheese inside.
The warm climate and the freshness of what comes out of the earth are imprinted in the Colombian chocolate. Its cacao has called the attention of Dutch, French and Belgian travelers that have come to figure out the unusual sweetness of Colombian cacao, this is a very special fact if you take into account that 70% of the world’s cacao is bitter. On this tour, led by an expert producer, learn how to better enjoy its flavor.
A private transport provides a comfortable journey from Hotel to the chocolate “shop” where as soon as you enter you will be received by the chocolate´s unique aroma. Your expert bilingual guide leads you to the best and favorite places that offer an amazing variety of options for you to take home. The doors of the most renowned chocolaterías will be opened to you.
Don't use perfume
What restrictions and recommendations are in place to handle Covid 19 in Colombia?
- As of September 6 2021 you don´t need to have a negative covid test nor be vaccinated to enter the country.
- You should wear a facemask in public places and specially inside most museums.
- As much as it is possible you should distance yourself at least 2 meters from other people.
- All our guides and private transportation have the necessary biosecurity measures.
Available tour durations
- 3 hours
Itinerary and route map of the colombian chocolate tour
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address.
- Chocolate tasting where you can see, touch and taste different flavours of Colombian cocoa.
- Return: Hotel/Your address.
Dates and Times
- Tour available from Monday to Saturday
- Suggested departure time: From 9:00am until 6:00pm max.
What is included in the chocolate tour?
- Private bilingual guide
- Private transportation
- Individual cupping kit
- Typical Santa Fe chocolate snack with amasijos
- Water bottles
- Chocolate tasting
- Report any type of allergy or food restriction.
- Do not forget to bring a copy of identification documents or passport.
- Avoid smoking or using perfume, so it will not interfere with the aromas of chocolate.
- Available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 1
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children older than 5 years.
- Is the tour private or is the tour with more people?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
- The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
- Minimum three hours in advance.
How to book our colombian chocolate tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Chocolate tour price list
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|7 or more||19USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the VAT tax.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.
Enjoy our Colombian Chocolate Tour
"Excellent tour all around. Arian was our guide and she was fun, entertaining and knowledgeable. Highly recommended."
Why Choose Us?
Due to over 20 years of experience in the tourism industry we can guarantee the highest quality standards.
We carefully select and train our guides to deliver professionalism in our services.
We offer private tours customized to your own personal interests.
We deliver clear and detailed information through our website and social platforms to ensure your satisfaction.