Fossils, culture and wine in one place.
Villa de Leyva is a town that stood still in time, a place where the past is preserved on its buildings and streets. Just a few hours away from Bogotá by car is one of the most, if not the most, beautiful town in Colombia, declared a National Monument in 1954 it’s a must visit.
In the comfort of your own private transport, during this one-day excursion enjoy the spectacular landscapes of the Andean mountain ranges on your way to the beautiful town of Villa de Leyva. Hidden between the mountains with carefully preserved architecture and cobblestone streets, this town offers a wide variety of restaurants, museums and activities to do where you can experience the culture of the region.
Villa de Leyva invites you to walk the cobblestone streets, experience colonial history, admire the open skies, enjoy activities outdoors and taste delicious wine.
Your expert bilingual guide leads you through this town and its surroundings on an incredible range of activities. Walk the streets. Visit paleontological museums where gigantic fossils are preserved and the natural history of this unique region is kept.
Learn about the pre-hispanic cultures in archeological sites like the Paque Arqueológico Moniquirá. Travel to colonial times in Santo Ecce Homo monastery. Open up to the amazing possibilities of modern architecture that utilizes local materials in Casa Terracota and finish with a tasting of a great wine produced in the region.
What restrictions and recommendations are in place to handle Covid 19 in Colombia?
- As of September 6 2021 you don´t need to have a negative covid test nor be vaccinated to enter the country.
- You should wear a facemask in public places and specially inside most museums.
- As much as it is possible you should distance yourself at least 2 meters from other people.
- All our guides and private transportation have the necessary biosecurity measures.
Available tour durations
- 12 hours
Itinerary and route map of the day trip to Villa de Leyva
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address.
- Travel to Villa de Leyva.
- Visit to the Fossil Museum, the Monasterio Ecce Hommo, Pozos Azules and the "Infiernito" (ruinas antiguas).
- Walking through the Central Square and the craft center.
- Return to Bogota: Hotel/Your address.
Dates and Times
- Some attractions closed on Mondays.
- Suggested departure time: From 7:00am
What is included in the Villa de Leyva tour?
- Private bilingual guide
- Tickets to all the places
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- *It does not include alcoholic beverages or tips.
- Use sunscreen.
- Report any type of allergy or food restriction.
- Do not forget to bring a copy of identification documents or passport.
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Stay hydrated.
- Available with assistance for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 3
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children older than 2 years.
- Is the tour private or is the tour with more people?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
Minimum one day in advance.
How to book our Villa De Leyva tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Villa de Leyva tour price list
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|7 or more||199USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the VAT tax.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.
Enjoy our Villa De Leyva Tour
"Our guide, Marcello, gave us a fantastic tour, his knowledge about the city of Bogota is admirable. Thanks to him we had a wonderful and memorable day!"
Why Choose Us?
Due to over 20 years of experience in the tourism industry we can guarantee the highest quality standards.
We carefully select and train our guides to deliver professionalism in our services.
We offer private tours customized to your own personal interests.
We deliver clear and detailed information through our website and social platforms to ensure your satisfaction.