Rescuing endangered species.
Be amazed by Colombia’s animal diversity. Located in the town of Cota, Bioparque la Reserva offers you and your family the opportunity to be surprised again and again on a tour where you get a chance to admire the beauty and majesty of many different animal species.
It all started in 2008 when a group of biologists that aimed to improve the quality of life for wild animals that were being illegally trafficked, opened their doors to the public. The Bioparque´s purpose is to be an animal sanctuary and not a zoo in the traditional sense. The main idea here is to make visitors aware of the importance of protecting the habitats for Colombian wildlife.
One of the biggest stars in this place is the Mountain Coati (a.k.a. the phantom of the Andes) which is a species from the Andean forests that was thought to be extinct because there weren't sightings of it, in the wild, for quite some time. One specimen was rescued from poachers in 2009 and was brought to the reserve. And now is part of an amazing educational exhibit along with its offspring!
Professional biologists and our expert bilingual guides answer your questions as you walk through six different reproductions of Colombian ecosystems. You could also learn about the terrible effects that illegal wild animal trafficking has on endangered species but also about projects like the protection of the Majuy hill that aim to protect wildlife habitats. Enjoy observing birds of prey, the Mountain Coati, and other animals exhibited before it is OK for some of them to be released to the wild.
At all times during this adventure, you will have available a safe and comfortable private transport that will take you to the reserve and back. You may want to enjoy a delicious lunch in one of the countryside restaurants around the park.
Hana Tours Bioparque La Reserva, a wild experience designed for you!
- 6 hours
Itinerary and Travel Map
- 6 hours tours:
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address.
- Transfer to the hotel Bioparque La Reserva.
- Tour in La Reserva.
- Lunch in a typical restaurant.
- Return: Hotel/Your address.
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: From 9:00am
What is included in the Ecological and Nature Tour in La Reserva Park?
- Bilingual Guide
- Tickets to all the places
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- Lunch with non-alcoholic drink
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Medications needed.
- Use warm clothes.
- Available with assistance for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 2
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children older than 3 years.
- Is the tour private or is the tour with more people?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
- The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
- Minimum one day in advance.
How to book our BioPark La Reserva Tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|7 or more||79USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the IVA tax. The customer who is Colombian must pay additional IVA value.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.