Fresh air, panoramic views, birds, butterflies, lagoons, and rivers are some of the components of this little piece of Tropical paradise just a couple of hours away from Bogotá. The Chicaque Natural Park offers a quick escape from the city´s hustle and bustle. From the entrance at “Cloud Forrest” altitude start your way through this sanctuary for Colombia´s flora and fauna.
The capital´s inhabitants are nature lovers and Chicaque is one of the favorite choices when it comes to one-day adventures exploring nature. In the comfort of your own private transport be driven to the Park at whatever time of the day is convenient for you as bird-watching, visiting a butterfly Forrest, and hiking through trails of varied difficulty are available during the day.
Enjoy the company of an experienced bilingual guide that loves nature, the natural and cultural history, and the area where the Park is located. Learn how to appreciate the exuberant natural wonders of the place.
At this park, you can find a couple of great restaurants, one at the entrance another one, El Refugio, halfway through one of the park´s trails where you will be rewarded with delicious local dishes and an amazing panoramic view which can be enjoyed from the comfort of a hammock. Also available at the Park there are camping areas, lodging in standard cabins, and cabins on top of the canopy.
Our one-day tour to Chicaque Natural Park is a great choice for those who seek to be in contact with nature but also look for convenience. As an expert who knows the area, your private bilingual guide chooses the best trail according to your capabilities, interests, and needs. Learn about the richness of the fauna and flora and about the conservation efforts that make this Park, just a couple of hours away from Bogotá, a preferred spot to escape to nature.
What restrictions and recommendations are in place to handle Covid 19 in Colombia?
- As of September 6 2021 you don´t need to have a negative covid test nor be vaccinated to enter the country.
- You should wear a facemask in public places and specially inside most museums.
- As much as it is possible you should distance yourself at least 2 meters from other people.
- All our guides and private transportation have the necessary biosecurity measures.
Available tour durations
- 9 hours
Itinerary and route map of the Natural Park Chicaque tour
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address.
- Arrive to the natural park.
- Lunch in the restaurant.
- Return: Hotel/Your address.
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: From 7:00am
What is included in the tour?
- Private bilingual guide
- Tickets to all the places
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- Lunch with non-alcoholic drink
- *It does not include alcoholic beverages or tips.
- Use sunscreen.
- Report any type of allergy or food restriction.
- Do not forget to bring a copy of identification documents or passport.
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Not recommended for people with walking difficulties or heart problems.
- Not available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 4
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children older than 5 years.
- Is the tour private or is the tour with more people?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
- The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
- Minimum one day in advance.
How to book our Natural Park Chicaque Tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|7 or more||149USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the VAT tax.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.