Be mesmerized by Colombia’s jewelry
Millions of years of being forged under extreme pressures have given shape to beautiful objects full of minerals and color. Like nowhere else in the World, Colombian emeralds are famous for their “greenness”, shine and quality. They come in many different sizes, actually, the biggest emerald in the World is from Colombia, with almost 5 pounds and 11.000 karats.
On our tour, visit the Emerald Museum, the ideal place to learn about this rock´s history. Led by an expert, get to know Colombia by appreciating the angles, colors, shapes, and tonalities of an emerald. The ideal and most wanted souvenir.
A private transport will be at your disposal as well as a professional bilingual tour guide who is also an expert in the field. Emeralds are imprinted in Colombia´s history, starting from the pre-Hispanic era until today. From awe inspiring indigenous objects that were used as offerings and body ornaments, to astonishing Christian religious objects like “La lechuga” with 1.485 stones in one piece, to high end contemporary pieces of jewelry.
From 4 to 6 hrs.
Available tour durations
- 4 hours
- 6 hours
Itinerary and route map of the colombian emeralds tour
- 4 and 6 hours tours:
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address.
- Suggested visit to the store “Minas de Colombia”.
- Suggested visit to the Emerald Museum.
- Suggested visit to Artesanías de Colombia.
- Return: Hotel/Your address.
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: From 10:00am
- La Esmeralda Museum Sundays & Holidays: Closed
What is included in the colombian emeralds tour?
- 4 hours tour:
- Private bilingual guide
- Tickets to all the places
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- 6 hours tour:
- Include lunch with non-alcoholic drink
- Use sunscreen.
- Report any type of allergy or food restriction.
- Do not forget to bring a copy of identification documents or passport.
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- *Does not include liquor or tips for staff.
- Most of stores and malls open at 10:00am.
- Available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 1
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children older than 2 years.
- Is the tour private or is the tour with more people?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
- The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
- Minimum three hours in advance.
How to book our Colombian Emeralds Tour in Bogota?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Colombian emeralds tour price list
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|Pax.||4 hours||6 hours|
|6 or more||39USD||89USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the VAT tax.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.