If you are looking for an adventure outside of the city, this is the tour for you. The mountain bike tour starts at the town of Gachancipa, a place that still preserves the marks of the the Muisca Indigenous people that inhabited the place years ago. Here you will see traditional textiles, mummies and chibcha ceramic fragments that remain frozen in time. The urban centre is located on the Altiplano Cundiboyacense at 42 kilometres (26 mi) from the capital Bogota.
After a short stop here, you will take the detour towards the town of Nemocon on a ride of 11 km. Nemocon, famous for its salt mines, was an important village in the Muisca Confederation, the country in the central Colombian Andes before the arrival of the Spanish. There you will have a traditional lunch and then head back towards Bogota.
Contact us to know all the information about this incredible Mountain Bike tour and let yourself be involved in everything this paradise has to offer.
What restrictions and recommendations are in place to handle Covid 19 in Colombia?
- As of September 6 2021 you don´t need to have a negative covid test nor be vaccinated to enter the country.
- You should wear a facemask in public places and specially inside most museums.
- As much as it is possible you should distance yourself at least 2 meters from other people.
- All our guides and private transportation have the necessary biosecurity measures.
Available tour durations
- 8 hours
Itinerary and route map of the mountain biking tour
- You can select one of the following routes:
- Option 1: Bogotá – Tocancipá hacienda.
- Option 2: Sisga.
- Option 3: Bogotá – Guatavita.
- Option 4: Tocancipá – Nemocón.
- Option 5: Tocancipá – Zipaquirá – Neusa.
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: From 8:00am
What is included in the Bogota mountain biking tour?
- Private bilingual guide
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- Lunch with non-alcoholic drink
- Accident insurance
- *It does not include alcoholic beverages or tips.
- Use sunscreen.
- Report any type of allergy or food restriction.
- Do not forget to bring a copy of identification documents or passport.
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Not available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 5
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children older than 12 years.
- Is the tour private or is the tour with more people?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
- The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
- Minimum one day in advance.
How to book our Mountain Biking Tour in Bogota?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Bogota mountain biking tour price list
*Tour prices per person in USD.
|7 or more||149USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the VAT tax.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.