Open up your senses with Colombian flavors
Between the history and culture of Colombia, there is Bogotá, the capital of flavors, fed by the cosmopolitan spirit of its people and their love for the food of all regions of the country.
During our food tour, dare to discover all the amazing flavors that are kept in the “gastronomical” neighborhoods of the capital such as La Macarena, La Candelaria, and Usaquén. Led by an expert bilingual guide you will find a wide variety of dishes that speak, among others, from the Andean, Pacific, Caribbean regions, that speak of the fresh fruits, local products, their typical preparations, and all the nuances that the homegrown Colombian coffee has to offer.
In the La Candelaria neighborhood, you may visit La Puerta Falsa the most traditional restaurant in town with over 200 years of history. Also available to you, there is private transportation that will take you through the streets of the La Macarena neighborhood known for its architecture and both Colombian and international food restaurants. You may also visit the Paloquemao market, a centennial place where the word “freshness” acquires new meaning.
We have two types of experiences ready for you to enjoy all the Colombian gastronomy:
In our spectacular Food Tour you will experience all the flavors of the country. The gastronomical offer of the city ranges from typical street-food snacks like the almojábana and pan de bono to the highest level cuisine from world renowned chefs that have expanded the possibilities for Colombian flavors.
In our Gastronomy Tour learn first-hand how to make a typical Colombian preparation. Accompanied by a professional chef and in the comfort of a private kitchen you will have the complete Colombian food experience. An unforgettable snapshot where all your senses will open up to the variety of unmatched flavors, smells and tastes of Colombian gastronomy.
- 4 hours
- 6 hours
Itinerary and Travel Map
- Pick Up: Hotel/Your address.
- Breakfast at La Puerta Falsa in La Candelaria.
- Visit to the Plaza de Paloquemao to taste the different typical fruits in Colombia.
- Lunch in Santo Pecado in Usaquén or in a cooking class
- Vuelta: Hotel/Dirección deseada
Dates and Times
- Every day
- Suggested departure time: 9:00am
What is included in the Bogota Food Tour?
- Bilingual Guide
- Tickets to all the places
- Private transportation
- Water bottles
- Optional cooking class 50USD
- Lunch in cooking class
- Cap, Water and comfortable shoes.
- Ask about the typical fruits of Colombia.
- Available for people with disabilities.
- Level of physical requirement - Rating from 1 to 5 (1 super easy - 5 very demanding): 1
- Available Languages - Guide:
- Russian, japanese, chinese and korean available for additional cost.
- Recommended for children older than 2 years.
Bogota Food Tours FAQs
- Is the tour private or is the tour with more people?
- Can you modify the tour itinerary and the duration time at each stop?
The tour can be totally modified according to the client's preference.
- How long in advance can a tour be booked?
Minimum one day in advance.
How to book our Bogota Food Tour?
You can book this experience, using our secure booking engine.
Bogota Food Tour Price List
*Tour prices per person
|Pax.||4 hours||6 hours|
|6 or more||49USD||89USD|
Payment Method and Cancellation Policy
- Payment method: you can pay in cash (COP or USD) or by credit card.
- All foreign customers must show a copy of their passport to be exempted from the IVA tax. The customer who is Colombian must pay additional IVA value.
- The service must be canceled at least 24 hours before the client's pick-up time. If you do not notify in advance, 50% of the total value of the service is charged.
- Children between 0 and 1 do not pay, children between 2 to 12 must pay 50% of the rate.